Thank you for your interest in joining the Health Brigade team. Health Brigade offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as the opportunity to effect positive change in our community every day.
To be considered for any advertised position, applicants must submit at minimum a résumé and cover letter. If additional items are required, they will be specified in the job posting. Be sure to indicate in your cover letter the specific position for which you are applying.
HEALTH BRIGADE IS PROUD TO BE AN INCLUSIVE ORGANIZATION
Health Brigade does not discriminate in hiring practices, services or policy with regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Job Opening for Medical Assistant
|The Medical Assistant will carry out responsibilities which ensure high quality, well-coordinated patient care in the medical clinic according to Health Brigade’s mission. The Medical Assistant will work closely with the medical team to ensure that supplies, documentation, follow up activities related to patient care, and support staffing are optimized for efficient, compliant provision of high quality patient care.|
|· Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined.
· Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
· Demonstrated phlebotomy skills.
· Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
· Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer skills.
· Must be able to pass periodic competency assessments within first three months of employment.
· Bilingual capabilities preferred but not required (English/Spanish). Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
· Medical Assistant certification
· CPR certification (BLS)
1. Assist medical providers and the medical team in various clinical functions.
2. Prepare patients for examinations according to clinic procedures, such as taking vitals and obtaining responses to standardized medical history questions.
3. Perform additional skills such as giving injections and immunizations and drawing blood.
4. Assist health care providers during patient examinations as requested and assists with procedures as needed.
5. Maintain appropriate record keeping and compliance of patient charts and forms. Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is filed in patients’ medical record.
6. Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean and stocked with adequate medical supplies.
7. Purchase medical supplies in accordance with Health Brigade’s purchasing policies.
8. Assist with patient referrals to appropriate internal departments (mental health, imaging, financial assistance, etc.)
9. Provide oversite to Medical Assistant interns and lay medical volunteers
10. Maintain excellent patient service relationships and represent Health Brigade professionally in all work related interactions
11. Adhere to agency’s policies and procedures. Actively participates in the other activities of Health Brigade.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2018, send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.